What's Up Downtown - the week of July 19 to 25, 2021
Looking for something to do?
Downtown Rock Springs is the center of activity.
- Ongoing, Yoga Classes with Salina, Escape Day Spa and Boutique, Various Times
Discover the benefits of Yoga! Salina teaches practices to quiet the mind, soothe the body & ease back from injury. Salina Zanetti is a Certified Yoga Instructor and will be teaching Monday - Friday in the Fitness Room at Escape Day Spa & Boutique. All ages and abilities welcome! Classes are held Monday - Friday at 6:15pm and Tuesday-Thursday at 9:30am. (Room is large enough to allow social distancing.) Drop-in rate is $10, 10 class pre-paid series is $80
- July 20, Brown Bag Concert, 333 Broadway (backside), 12 noon to 1:30 pm
Bring your lunch and enjoy live afternoon entertainment outdoors by your favorite local and traveling performers. This week's concert features local artist Ryan Bitter.
- July 20, Take 10 on Tuesday, Community-wide
“Take 10 on Tuesday” is aimed towards maintaining the cleanliness of Rock Springs by encouraging all city residents and businesses to take ten minutes every Tuesday to clean dirt, debris, and trash from around their homes, businesses, in nearby vacant lots, alleys, etc.
- July 20, Faith and LGBTQ Community, Sidekicks Book and Wine Bar, 12 noon to 1 pm
Pastor Levi Powers (an openly gay pastor) will lead this supportive faith study group.
- July 20, Live Music - Few Miles South, Square State Brewing, 6:30 to 9:30 pm
One of our favorite bands is back! Few Miles South is a female fronted country and roots group created by south GA raised, Blake English, and Los Angeles native, Tori Lund. You don't want to miss this one.
- July 21, Educator's Night, Bitter Creek Brewing, 4 pm to 7 pm
Bring your school ID and purchase a beverage and receive the chef choice appetizer.
- July 21, Toddler Time, Rock Springs Library, 10:30 to 11:00 am
Join the Rock Springs Library for books, songs, and fun at Toddler Time! For babies to age 3.
- July 21, Story Time, Rock Springs Library, 1 to 1:30 pm
Let’s have fun reading, singing, playing, and laughing at Story Time! For our preschoolers.
- July 21, Concert in the Park, Bunning Park, 7 pm
Free live music featuring The EIO Band. Concessions are available or grab take-out from your favorite Downtown restaurant.
- July 21, The Sandlot, Broadway Theater, 2 pm
Join us for a free screening of the summer classic, The Sandlot.
- July 21, Weenie Wednesday with Neurotic Dogs, Square State Brewing, 4 to 8 pm
Neurotic Dogs: Traditional Dogs Gone Crazy! They specialize in gourmet hot dogs and pair them with yummy toppings to make 'em crazy good.
- July 21, A Summer Evening with Wildflower and Friends, WildFlower and Company, 4 pm to 8 pm
Spend a fun summer evening with Wildflower and Company and guest vendors, Rebel and Roots, Stems and Company and music by Flyover Town.
- July 22, Shadow Art, Rock Springs Library, 11 am to 12 noon
Sunlight travels 94 million miles to reach the Earth – let’s use it to make some art! Stop by the library to create some shadow art, then take a picture outside to see the real magic!
- July 22. Taco Night, Square State Brewing, 6pm
- July 22, Main Street Market, South Main Street, 4 pm to 7 pm
The Main Street Market (Downtown farmer’s market) is scheduled for every Thursday from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m., starting July 8 through September 9, 2021 on South Main Street in Rock Springs. It is the oldest and most established farmer's market in Rock Springs. It will feature local and regional vendors with fresh fruit, vegetables, bath & body products and homemade crafts. Typically over 30 vendors attend the market weekly.
- July 22, Dena High “You did it Jasper” book launch, Sidekicks Book and Wine Bar, 6 pm
Dena High has been a Rock Springs resident for the past 44 years She raised 6 daughters and taught at the Child Development Center for 17 years. Her greatest passion besides her family is telling and writing stories. Her passions merged into her 1st published book "You did it Jasper". Jasper had many trials and could have given up, yet he kept pushing forward. The book is based on real life challenges from her daughters family.
- July 23, MARS Club - Campfire Cookies, Rock Springs Library, 1 pm to 2 pm
Come down to the library for a fun project, stay for a snack and some book talk! For 4th grade and above. Today we're making Campfire Cookies.
- July 23, TIE-DYE FRIDAY!, Square State Brewing, 3 pm
We’re throwing a Tie-Dye Party! If you wear Tie-Dye to the taproom and buy a pint, the second one is on us! We can’t wait to see how colorful you get for this deal! Cheers
- July 24, Pride in July - Drag Queen Bingo, Park Hotel Lounge, 6:30 to 9 pm
Drag Queen Bingo! Doors at 6:30 pm
Bingo and Entertainment 7 pm - 9 pm
$10 entry fee (includes 1 bingo card) additional cards are $5 or 6 for $20. Daubers will be available for purchase.
There will be a 50/50 Raffle, a cash bar, and food available for purchase.
A portion of the proceeds raised will go to benefit the American Suicide Prevention Foundation.