What's Up Downtown - the week of October 11 - 17, 2021
Looking for something to do?
Downtown Rock Springs is the center of activity.
- Ongoing, Yoga Classes with Salina, Escape Day Spa and Boutique, Various Times
Discover the benefits of Yoga! Salina teaches practices to quiet the mind, soothe the body & ease back from injury. Salina Zanetti is a Certified Yoga Instructor and will be teaching Monday - Friday in the Fitness Room at Escape Day Spa & Boutique. All ages and abilities welcome! Classes are held Monday - Friday at 6:15pm and Tuesday-Thursday at 9:30am. (Room is large enough to allow social distancing.) Drop-in rate is $10, 10 class pre-paid series is $80
- Ongoing, Read Your Height, Rock Springs Library
Miss Sunny, Miss Konstanz, and Miss Brandy are going to try and read their height in books this year – want to try it too? Stop in and grab a reading log – we bet it’s the tallest one you’ve ever seen! Fill up your log and bring it back for a prize and a treat!
- Ongoing, Pumpkin Lego Challenge, Children's Discover Center at the Rock Springs Library
Try your hand at building a pumpkin or a pumpkin patch maze at the Children’s Discovery Center. Show your completed LEGO work to a librarian for a prize!
- Oct 11, Tracy Byrd in Concert, Broadway Theater, 7 pm
Country star Tracy Byrd recently added a stop at the Broadway Theater in Downtown Rock Springs to his current tour. He’ll perform an acoustic concert at the theater on Monday, October 11 for this SOLD OUT SHOW!
- Oct 12, Take 10 on Tuesday, Community-wide
“Take 10 on Tuesday” is aimed towards maintaining the cleanliness of Rock Springs by encouraging all city residents and businesses to take ten minutes every Tuesday to clean dirt, debris, and trash from around their homes, businesses, in nearby vacant lots, alleys, etc.
- Oct 13, Educator's Night, Bitter Creek Brewing, 4 pm to 7 pm
Bring your school ID and purchase a beverage and receive the chef choice appetizer.
- Oct13, Toddler's in Tune, Rock Springs Library, 10:30 am
Join the Rock Springs Library for interactive stories, songs, and yoga! For children 3 and under, and their adults.
- Oct 13, Story Time, Rock Springs Library, 1:30 to 2 pm
Let's have fun reading, singing, and dancing at Story Time! For preschool age children, 3 - 6.
- Oct14-16, Uno de 50 Fall Collection 3 Day Jewelry Event, Daniel's Jewelry
Stand out this season with the unmistakable style and bold spirit of Uno de 50, sold exclusively at Daniel's Jewelry...
Join us for our 3-Day Jewelry Event. View the new fall collections and receive a gift with purchase.
- Oct 14, Knitting Bobbles & Cables, the yarn and the tale, 6 to 8 pm
This one-session workshop will teach the techniques of knitting bobbles and cables.
Participants must know how to knit and purl.
- Oct 15, Family Fridays, Rock Springs Library, 10:30 to 11:30 am
Art, science, movies, and more! Come down for a different family friendly activity every Friday at 10:30! For kids of all ages and their adults.
- Oct 15, MARS Club, Rock Springs Library, 10:30 to 11:30 am
Come down to the library for snacks, movies, STEM, and art - for kids in fourth grade and older.
- Oct 15, Live Music, Sidekicks Book and Wine Bar, 7 to 9 pm
Sidekicks is your place for live music on Friday night. Come enjoy a cocktail and some live music with friends or your date.
- Oct 15-17, Beer for Breakfast, Broadway Theater
Enjoy this wonderful performance by the Actor's Mission. Performances: Oct. 15th - 16th, 21st - 23rd at 7:00 PM and Oct. 17th at 2:00 PM at the Broadway Theatre in Downtown Rock Springs. Admission is free and a complimentary meal will be served before each performance!