What's Up Downtown - the week of September 13 - 19, 2021
Looking for something to do?
Downtown Rock Springs is the center of activity.
- Ongoing, Yoga Classes with Salina, Escape Day Spa and Boutique, Various Times
Discover the benefits of Yoga! Salina teaches practices to quiet the mind, soothe the body & ease back from injury. Salina Zanetti is a Certified Yoga Instructor and will be teaching Monday - Friday in the Fitness Room at Escape Day Spa & Boutique. All ages and abilities welcome! Classes are held Monday - Friday at 6:15pm and Tuesday-Thursday at 9:30am. (Room is large enough to allow social distancing.) Drop-in rate is $10, 10 class pre-paid series is $80
- Ongoing, Coloring Contest, Rock Springs Library
Unleash your inner artist! Grab a coloring page from the Rock Springs Library and do your best! They'll hang it on the wall when you turn it back in - and choose a winner every month!
- Ongoing, Flaunt Your Card, Rock Springs Library
Show your library card at the Youth Circ desk of the Rock Springs Library anytime during the month of September (it's National Library Card Month!!!) and get a treat!
- Sept 13, Promotions Team Meeting, Rock Springs Main Street/URA office, 4 pm
The Promotions Team positions our Downtown district as the center of the community and hub of economic activity, while creating a positive image that showcases a community’s unique characteristics. Everyone is welcome.
- Sept 14, Take 10 on Tuesday, Community-wide
“Take 10 on Tuesday” is aimed towards maintaining the cleanliness of Rock Springs by encouraging all city residents and businesses to take ten minutes every Tuesday to clean dirt, debris, and trash from around their homes, businesses, in nearby vacant lots, alleys, etc.
- Sept 14, Chess Night, Sidekicks Book and Wine Bar, 5 to 7 pm
Stop by Sidekicks and try your hand in a game of Chess or sharpen your skills. It's free to participate. 15% off all food and drinks for chess players.
- Sept 14, Xtreme Music Bingo, Square State Brewing, 6 pm to 8 pm
Extreme Music Bingo is back! 2 music categories, three rounds per category, and prizes to win! The taproom will be energy and fun filled with you singing along and enjoying some brews!
- Sept 14, ARTini Planning Meeting, WWCC Atrium, 4:30 pm
We're so excited about brining ARTini back in 2022 and we'd LOVE your help! Please attend our upcoming planning meeting on Tuesday, September 14 at 4:30 pm in the Atrium at Western Wyoming Community College.
- Sept 15, Educator's Night, Bitter Creek Brewing, 4 pm to 7 pm
Bring your school ID and purchase a beverage and receive the chef choice appetizer.
- Sept 15, Toddler's in Tune, Rock Springs Library, 10:30 am
Join the Rock Springs Library for interactive stories, songs, and yoga! For children 3 and under, and their adults.
- Sept 15, Story Time, Rock Springs Library, 1:30 to 2 pm
Let's have fun reading, singing, and dancing at Story Time! For preschool age children, 3 - 6.
- Sept 16, Trivia Night, Square State Brewing, 6 pm
Trivia night is becoming a regular event down at the square! Bring your group down for fun categories, competitive fun, and a beer to go along with it!
- Sept 17, Family Fridays, Rock Springs Library, 10:30 to 11:30 am
Art, science, movies, and more! Come down for a different family friendly activity every Friday at 10:30! For kids of all ages and their adults.
- Sept 17, MARS Club, Rock Springs Library, 10:30 to 11:30 am
Come down to the library for snacks, movies, STEM, and art - for kids in fourth grade and older.
- Sept 17, Live Music, Sidekicks Book and Wine Bar, 7 to 9 pm
Sidekicks is your place for live music on Friday night. Come enjoy a cocktail and some live music with friends or your date.
- Sept 17-18, Awaken Wyoming, Broadway Theater
Healing Ourselves through Alternative Holistic Wellness
Join us for this Amazing experience to come together for a weekend of learning, inspiration, and growth. Redefining Self-Care, Self-Love and Self-Growth one life at a time