What's Up Downtown - the week of September 7 - 12, 2021
Looking for something to do?
Downtown Rock Springs is the center of activity.
- Ongoing, Yoga Classes with Salina, Escape Day Spa and Boutique, Various Times
Discover the benefits of Yoga! Salina teaches practices to quiet the mind, soothe the body & ease back from injury. Salina Zanetti is a Certified Yoga Instructor and will be teaching Monday - Friday in the Fitness Room at Escape Day Spa & Boutique. All ages and abilities welcome! Classes are held Monday - Friday at 6:15pm and Tuesday-Thursday at 9:30am. (Room is large enough to allow social distancing.) Drop-in rate is $10, 10 class pre-paid series is $80
- Sept 7, Take 10 on Tuesday, Community-wide
“Take 10 on Tuesday” is aimed towards maintaining the cleanliness of Rock Springs by encouraging all city residents and businesses to take ten minutes every Tuesday to clean dirt, debris, and trash from around their homes, businesses, in nearby vacant lots, alleys, etc.
- Sept 7. Xtreme Music Bingo. Square State Brewing, 6 pm to 8 pm
Come test your musical knowledge and see if you can best your friends and neighbors.
- Sept 8. Educator's Night, Bitter Creek Brewing, 4 pm to 7 pm
Bring your school ID and purchase a beverage and receive the chef choice appetizer.
- Sept 8, Toddler's in Tune, Rock Springs Library, 10:30 am
Join the Rock Springs Library for interactive stories, songs, and yoga! For children 3 and under, and their adults.
- Sept 8, Gift Set Cloth Quad - Crochet, the yarn and the tale, 6 pm
This is a 2-part workshop:
- Wednesday, September 8, 6 - 8 pm
- Wednesday, September 15, 6 - 8 pm
- Sept 9, Main Street Market, South Main Street, 4 pm to 7 pm
The Main Street Market (Downtown farmer’s market) is scheduled for every Thursday from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m., starting July 8 through September 9, 2021 on South Main Street in Rock Springs. It is the oldest and most established farmer's market in Rock Springs. It will feature local and regional vendors with fresh fruit, vegetables, bath & body products and homemade crafts. Typically over 30 vendors attend the market weekly.
- Sept 10, Live music by the EIO band, Sidekicks Book and Wine Bar, 7 pm
Enjoy live music by local favorite the EIO Band
- Sept 10, Live Music with Jodee Lewis, Square State Brewing, 7 pm
Jodee Lewis is a touring musician out of Chicago, taking traditional country and making it her own! It’s simply a recipe for a good time!
- Sept 11, ARTember, Bunning Park, 10 am to 4 pm
Our Fall art festival in Rock Springs promises to be a full day of art and activities for all with artists’ booths, food vendors, live music, and children’s activities. Scheduled for September 11th, there will also be a flag ceremony Tribute to our Country.
- Sept 11, 9/11 Flag Ceremony, Bunning Park, 2 pm
The public will have the opportunity to honor the memory of service members, first responders and civilians who perished during the terrorist attacks in our country on September 11, 2001.
- Sept 11, For Jack Harmon Fundraiser, Wyoming Club, 11 am to Close
Have a drink and help this family. Fun, food, 50/50 drawing, raffle baskets, giveaways and more. 10% of all drink sales will be donated to Jack.