What's Up Downtown - the week of August 9 - 15, 2021
Looking for something to do?
Downtown Rock Springs is the center of activity.
- Ongoing, Yoga Classes with Salina, Escape Day Spa and Boutique, Various Times
Discover the benefits of Yoga! Salina teaches practices to quiet the mind, soothe the body & ease back from injury. Salina Zanetti is a Certified Yoga Instructor and will be teaching Monday - Friday in the Fitness Room at Escape Day Spa & Boutique. All ages and abilities welcome! Classes are held Monday - Friday at 6:15pm and Tuesday-Thursday at 9:30am. (Room is large enough to allow social distancing.) Drop-in rate is $10, 10 class pre-paid series is $80
- Aug 10, Brown Bag Concert, 333 Broadway (backside), 12 noon to 1:30 pm
Bring your lunch and enjoy live afternoon entertainment outdoors by your favorite local and traveling performers. This week's concert features The Rough and Tumble.
- Aug 10, Take 10 on Tuesday, Community-wide
“Take 10 on Tuesday” is aimed towards maintaining the cleanliness of Rock Springs by encouraging all city residents and businesses to take ten minutes every Tuesday to clean dirt, debris, and trash from around their homes, businesses, in nearby vacant lots, alleys, etc.
- Aug 10, Faith and LGBTQ Community, Sidekicks Book and Wine Bar, 12 noon to 1 pm
Pastor Levi Powers (an openly gay pastor) will lead this supportive faith study group.
- Aug 11, Educator's Night, Bitter Creek Brewing, 4 pm to 7 pm
Bring your school ID and purchase a beverage and receive the chef choice appetizer.
- Aug 11, Concert in the Park, Bunning Park, 7 pm
A free concert featuring local favorite, Wyoming Raised.
- Aug 12, Main Street Market, South Main Street, 4 pm to 7 pm
The Main Street Market (Downtown farmer’s market) is scheduled for every Thursday from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m., starting July 8 through September 9, 2021 on South Main Street in Rock Springs. It is the oldest and most established farmer's market in Rock Springs. It will feature local and regional vendors with fresh fruit, vegetables, bath & body products and homemade crafts. Typically over 30 vendors attend the market weekly.
- Aug 13, Awakening in 2021, Online, 11 am
A lot of people have been waking up since last year. Let's talk about what's going on and how we can band together to stay positive and help each other where we can. We will discuss what it means to be awake and how to raise our vibration. An event by Elevate Your Health Vibe.
- Aug 14, Flock the Block, North Front Street, 8 am to 7 pm
Come flock the block between the Toastmaster Bar and the Park Hotel for live music, kids karaoke, and kid and adult activities!!!! There will be food vendors as well.