What's Up Downtown - the week of August 2 - 8, 2021
Looking for something to do?
Downtown Rock Springs is the center of activity.
- Ongoing, Yoga Classes with Salina, Escape Day Spa and Boutique, Various Times
Discover the benefits of Yoga! Salina teaches practices to quiet the mind, soothe the body & ease back from injury. Salina Zanetti is a Certified Yoga Instructor and will be teaching Monday - Friday in the Fitness Room at Escape Day Spa & Boutique. All ages and abilities welcome! Classes are held Monday - Friday at 6:15pm and Tuesday-Thursday at 9:30am. (Room is large enough to allow social distancing.) Drop-in rate is $10, 10 class pre-paid series is $80
- Aug 3, Employer Meet & Greet, Bunning Hall, 8 am to 12 noon
Employers: You're invited to join Wyoming Workforce Services on August 3rd to learn more about our services.
- Aug 3, Brown Bag Concert, 333 Broadway (backside), 12 noon to 1:30 pm
Bring your lunch and enjoy live afternoon entertainment outdoors by your favorite local and traveling performers. This week's concert features local artist Shandryn Trumble
- Aug 3, Take 10 on Tuesday, Community-wide
“Take 10 on Tuesday” is aimed towards maintaining the cleanliness of Rock Springs by encouraging all city residents and businesses to take ten minutes every Tuesday to clean dirt, debris, and trash from around their homes, businesses, in nearby vacant lots, alleys, etc.
- Aug 3, Faith and LGBTQ Community, Sidekicks Book and Wine Bar, 12 noon to 1 pm
Pastor Levi Powers (an openly gay pastor) will lead this supportive faith study group.
- Aug 4, Educator's Night, Bitter Creek Brewing, 4 pm to 7 pm
Bring your school ID and purchase a beverage and receive the chef choice appetizer.
- Aug 4, Toddler Time, Rock Springs Library, 10:30 to 11:00 am
Join the Rock Springs Library for books, songs, and fun at Toddler Time! For babies to age 3.
- Aug 4, Story Time, Rock Springs Library, 1 to 1:30 pm
Let’s have fun reading, singing, playing, and laughing at Story Time! For our preschoolers.
- Aug 5, Main Street Market, South Main Street, 4 pm to 7 pm
The Main Street Market (Downtown farmer’s market) is scheduled for every Thursday from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m., starting July 8 through September 9, 2021 on South Main Street in Rock Springs. It is the oldest and most established farmer's market in Rock Springs. It will feature local and regional vendors with fresh fruit, vegetables, bath & body products and homemade crafts. Typically over 30 vendors attend the market weekly.
- Aug 6, MARS Club, Rock Springs Library, 1 pm to 2 pm
Come down to the library for a fun project, stay for a snack and some book talk! For 4th grade and above. Today we'll be making DIY Popsicle Holders.