What's Up Downtown - the week of July 12 to 18, 2021
Looking for something to do?
Downtown Rock Springs is the center of activity.
- Ongoing, Yoga Classes with Salina, Escape Day Spa and Boutique, Various Times
Discover the benefits of Yoga! Salina teaches practices to quiet the mind, soothe the body & ease back from injury. Salina Zanetti is a Certified Yoga Instructor and will be teaching Monday - Friday in the Fitness Room at Escape Day Spa & Boutique. All ages and abilities welcome! Classes are held Monday - Friday at 6:15pm and Tuesday-Thursday at 9:30am. (Room is large enough to allow social distancing.) Drop-in rate is $10, 10 class pre-paid series is $80
- July 13, Brown Bag Concert, 333 Broadway (backside), 12 noon to 1:30 pm
Bring your lunch and enjoy live afternoon entertainment outdoors by your favorite local and traveling performers. This week's concert features local artist Rupert Wates.
- July 13, Take 10 on Tuesday, Community-wide
“Take 10 on Tuesday” is aimed towards maintaining the cleanliness of Rock Springs by encouraging all city residents and businesses to take ten minutes every Tuesday to clean dirt, debris, and trash from around their homes, businesses, in nearby vacant lots, alleys, etc.
- July 14, Educator's Night, Bitter Creek Brewing, 4 pm to 7 pm
Bring your school ID and purchase a beverage and receive the chef choice appetizer.
- July 14, Toddler Time, Rock Springs Library, 10:30 to 11:00 am
Join the Rock Springs Library for books, songs, and fun at Toddler Time! For babies to age 3.
- July 14, Charity Chow Down - WyoGives Event, Bunning Park, 11 am to 9 pm
Eleven Sweetwater County community nonprofits invite you to Charity Chow Down on Wednesday, July 14 to raise much needed funds. This is in celebration of WyoGives.
Food trucks will be at Bunning Park, donating 10% of their sales to the event. Nonprofits will have booths as well, with activities and information.
At 7:00 pm the City of Rock Springs is hosting their Concert in the Park featuring Stones Throe.
Every nonprofit has their own goal to reach the day of the event; please contact them for more information.
- July 14, Story Time, Rock Springs Library, 1 to 1:30 pm
Let’s have fun reading, singing, playing, and laughing at Story Time! For our preschoolers.
- July 14, Concert in the Park, Bunning Park, 7 pm
Free live music featuring Stones Throe. Concessions are available or grab take-out from your favorite Downtown restaurant.
- July 15, Main Street Market, South Main Street, 4 pm to 7 pm
The Main Street Market (Downtown farmer’s market) is scheduled for every Thursday from 4 p.m. to 7 p.m., starting July 8 through September 9, 2021 on South Main Street in Rock Springs. It is the oldest and most established farmer's market in Rock Springs. It will feature local and regional vendors with fresh fruit, vegetables, bath & body products and homemade crafts. Typically over 30 vendors attend the market weekly.
- July 16, Kneeland Fine Art - GRAND OPENING, Kneeland Fine Art Gallery, 203 D Street, 10 am
Come on down to Downtown Rock Springs at 203 D Street to experience the Grand Opening of Andrew Kneeland's first gallery and studio! Kneeland Fine Art will open it's doors at 10:00 am with paintings and pottery wall to wall. Find special sales, signups for painting classes, and an art exhibit dedicated to the local beauty of Wyoming!
- July 17, The Late Boomers Live at Square State Brewing!, Square State Brewing, 7 pm to 10 pm
It's STILL hip to be square, so there! Join us at Square State Brewing, Rock Springs' source for craft beer and shenanigans. The Late Boomers will be providing the tunes from 7-10.
- July 18, Intro to Nalbinding, the yarn and the tale, 1 pm to 3 pm
Learn the ancient technique of fabric making which predates knitting and crochet.
This two-hour workshop will teach basic techniques for completing a project and includes all materials to keep.
Class size is limited to 8 participants.