What's Up Downtown - the week of June 21-27, 2021
Looking for something to do?
Downtown Rock Springs is the center of activity.
- Ongoing, Yoga Classes with Salina, Escape Day Spa and Boutique, Various Times
Discover the benefits of Yoga! Salina teaches practices to quiet the mind, soothe the body & ease back from injury. Salina Zanetti is a Certified Yoga Instructor and will be teaching Monday - Friday in the Fitness Room at Escape Day Spa & Boutique. All ages and abilities welcome! Classes are held Monday - Friday at 6:15pm and Tuesday-Thursday at 9:30am. (Room is large enough to allow social distancing.) Drop-in rate is $10, 10 class pre-paid series is $80
- June 21, Caregivers Respite Hour, Sidekicks Book & Wine Bar, 1 pm
Do you help take care of someone with mental or physical difficulties? Do you have a family member with ongoing illness? Do you need just a little time to yourself? Come have some refreshments and share some time with others who understand. Take the burden off your shoulders for just a little while. You may just walk away refreshed and ready so you can give the person who needs you your all.
- June 22, Dino Encounters Show with Rocky the T-rex, Bunning Park
Travel back in time, 65 million years to the Cretaceous period and discover the world of dinosaurs that lived right here in North America . Audiences will learn about the prehistoric environment, fossil formation, species adaptation and meet five dinosaurs that were all found right here in North America. The Dino Encounter’s Show utilizes interaction with the audience, music, video, special effects, and life like realistic dinosaur puppets to create a visually engaging, interactive, entertaining performance! Don’t miss this opportunity!
Hands on Excavation Zone!
Shows at 11 am, 1 pm and 3 pm - hands-on activities throughout the day
- June 22, Brown Bag Concert, 333 Broadway (backside), 12 noon to 1:30 pm
Bring your lunch and enjoy live afternoon entertainment outdoors by your favorite local and traveling performers. This week's concert features local artist Flyover Town
- June 22, Take 10 on Tuesday, Community-wide
“Take 10 on Tuesday” is aimed towards maintaining the cleanliness of Rock Springs by encouraging all city residents and businesses to take ten minutes every Tuesday to clean dirt, debris, and trash from around their homes, businesses, in nearby vacant lots, alleys, etc.
- June 22, Neurotic Dogs Food Truck, Square State Brewing, 4 to 8 pm
Neurotic Dogs: Traditional Dogs Gone Crazy! They specialize in gourmet hot dogs and pair them with yummy toppings to make 'em crazy good. Stick around later for some music bingo!
- June 22, Extreme Music Bingo, Square State Brewing, 6 to 8 pm
You asked for it, so we're bringing you Music Bingo in the taproom! An exciting combination of music trivia and the classic game of BINGO! Bring your friends, enjoy SSB brews and show off your music skills!
- June 23, Educator's Night, Bitter Creek Brewing, 4 pm to 7 pm
Bring your school ID and purchase a beverage and receive the chef choice appetizer.
- June 23, Toddler Time, Rock Springs Library, 10:30 to 11:00 am
Join the Rock Springs Library for books, songs, and fun at Toddler Time! For babies to age 3.
- June 23, Story Time, Rock Springs Library, 1 to 1:30 pm
Let’s have fun reading, singing, playing, and laughing at Story Time! For our preschoolers.
- June 23, Concert in the Park, Bunning Park, 7 pm
Free live music featuring local band, WANTED. Concessions are available or grab take-out from your favorite Downtown restaurant.
- June 23, "History of Airmail Services in Wyoming" by Historian Dave Marcum, Rock Springs Historical Museum, 7 pm to 10 pm
Come join us for Dave Marcum's second of three talks about the "History of Airmail Service in Wyoming."
These talks are free to the public and provided by the Wyoming State Archives as part of a much delayed celebration (due to COVID) of American Archives Month which happens in October.
- June 24, Pints & Pups with Red Desert Humane Society, Square State Brewing, 4 pm to 7 pm
Let's give a big welcome to the Pups of SSB! With the help of the Red Desert Humane Society we have a special littler of pups that are looking for their furever homes. Come down to the taproom, grab a pint and come meet the SSB pups outside in the beer garden.