What's Up Downtown - the week of December 21-27, 2020
Looking for something to do?
Downtown Rock Springs is the center of activity.
- Ongoing, Mayor's Downtown Challenge
Mayor Kaumo is inviting locals and visitors to participate in the Mayor’s Downtown Challenge; it’s a pledge to support local businesses at least five times during the holiday season. Residents and travelers can do so by purchasing gifts, dining, or participating in holiday events in Downtown Rock Springs.
- Ongoing, The Marguerite Santa and Friends, Rock Springs Historical Museum
The Marguerite Santa will again be at the Rock Springs Historical Museum in his traditional spot in front of the firehouse doors. Viewers can stop and watch the small mechanical Santa play Christmas music on the pipe organ every evening from 7:30 to 8:45 through the 25th of December just like he did at Marguerite’s Gift Shop years ago. This year he is joined by other mechanical friends and toys of years gone by.
- DEC 21, Yoga with Salina, Escape Day Spa & Boutique, 4 to 5 pm
Come join Escape's new Yoga classes with Salina Zanetti, Certified Yoga Instructor! Salina will be teaching Monday-Friday in the Fitness Room at Escape Day Spa & Boutique. All ages and abilities welcome! Classes continue all week so check for times and dates.
- DEC 23, Educator's Night, Bitter Creek Brewing, 4 to 7 pm
Educators come in for a free appetizer (chef choice). Educators will receive the appetizer with a purchase of a beverage and their school ID.
- DEC 24, Mayor Kaumo will real “‘T’was the Night Before Christmas”, Sidekicks Book and Wine Bar, 12 noon
Mayor Kaumo will read “T’was the Night before Christmas” to the children of Rock Springs.