What's Up Downtown - the week of December 14 - 20, 2020
Looking for something to do?
Downtown Rock Springs is the center of activity.
- Ongoing, Mayor's Downtown Challenge
Mayor Kaumo is inviting locals and visitors to participate in the Mayor’s Downtown Challenge; it’s a pledge to support local businesses at least five times during the holiday season. Residents and travelers can do so by purchasing gifts, dining, or participating in holiday events in Downtown Rock Springs.
- Ongoing, The Marguerite Santa and Friends. Rock Springs Historical Museum
The Marguerite Santa will again be at the Rock Springs Historical Museum in his traditional spot in front of the firehouse doors. Viewers can stop and watch the small mechanical Santa play Christmas music on the pipe organ every evening from 7:30 to 8:45 through the 25th of December just like he did at Marguerite’s Gift Shop years ago. This year is is joined by other mechanical friends and toys of years gone by.
- DEC 14, Yoga with Salina, Escape Day Spa & Boutique. 4 to 5 pm
Come join Escape's new Yoga classes with Salina Zanetti, Certified Yoga Instructor! Salina will be teaching Monday-Friday in the Fitness Room at Escape Day Spa & Boutique. All ages and abilities welcome! Classes continue all week so check for times and dates.
- DEC 14-18, Downtown Virtual Shopping, 4 to 5 pm, ONLINE
The Rock Springs Main Street/URA is proud to host a full week of virtual shopping at local Downtown businesses. Shoppers can find one of a kind gifts from their own home or office. Shoppers can follow Downtown Rock Springs on Facebook and watch live December 14th - 18th, beginning at 4 pm. Tour the business, see merchandise, and receive contact information to do your shopping virtually.
Monday, December 14:
- DEC 15, Co-Working & Mentor Day, Society Insurance Network Office, (538 Pilot Butte, Suite 7), 12 noon to 3 pm
Come grow you business and network with others in our area.
- DEC 16, Educator's Night, Bitter Creek Brewing, 4 to 7 pm
Educators come in for a free appetizer (chef choice).
Educators will receive the appetizer with a purchase of a beverage and their school ID.
- DEC 16, MARS Club, Rock Springs Library, 10 am to 6 pm
Are you ready to attend Camp Half-Blood? You must earn 12 god buttons by completing weekly and monthly contests, tuning in to our online programs, and creating with our MARS Club grab bags. If you earn all 12 buttons you will get a Camp Half-Blood t-shirt! Program is open to kids in fifth grade and up.
- December 16 - Create a Toga and Camp Bunkhouse
- DEC 19, Santa Saturdays, Downtown Gazebo (corner of D and Broadway), 11 am to 2 pm
Santa's weekly visits will be at a new location this year, the Downtown Gazebo (at the corner of D Street and Broadway Street), 11 am to 2 pm. This is his final visit for the year. This event is sponsored by Escape 307 Rock Springs.
- DEC 19, Horse-Drawn Carriage Rides, Downtown Gazebo, (Coal Train Coffee Depot, 501 S Main Street)), 10 am to 2 pm
Be sure to bundle up and catch a free carriage ride in Downtown Rock Springs this holiday season.
Trona Valley Federal Credit Union and Memorial Hospital of Sweetwater County are sponsoring this event.
The passengers will be picked up at the Historic Train Depot, 501 South Main Street. Rides are limited to first come, first serve. Passengers are required to practice social distancing and wear masks.
- DEC 19, Ugly of the Ugliest Sweater Contest, Toastmaster Bar and Liquor. 5 to 9 pm