Local Businesses Find Creative Ways to Serve Customers During COVID-19in News & Updates
As Wyoming responds with precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19, many local businesses are fearful of the negative economic impact that comes with social distancing.
While we are all in this together and recognize that public health is a top priority for all, small businesses in our communities rely heavily on social togetherness and foot traffic to sustain operations and wages. As a result of these concerns, local businesses are finding creative ways to serve customers.
At the time of this writing (3/20/2020), the following businesses are offering special options to serve you:
(You can also use our friends at Go Gal Delivery for delivery services of just about ANYTHING. Now more than ever small businesses need your support.)
- A Touch of Class Floral, 421 Broadway, 307-362-4800, phone orders, pick-up or delivery
- Bello Capelli Salon, 406 Broadway, 307-382-2180, open and scheduling appointments.
- Bitter Creek Brewing,604 Broadway,307-362-4782,phone orders, pick-up (Download Menu Here)
- Boschetto's, 617 Broadway, 307-382-2350, phone orders, pick-up; offering deliver for $2.50 (Download Menu Here)
- Broadway Burger Station, 628 Broadway, 307-362-5858, phone orders, pick-up, and delivery (Download Menu Here)
- Busy Bee & Co,. 623 Pilot Butte Ave, 308-530-7103, phone orders, pick-up
- Casa Chavez, 744 Pilot Butte, 307-362-3686, phone orders, pick-up; delivery possible (Download Menu Here)
- CJ's Signs and Graphics, 117 Elk Street, 307-362-0077, phone or email orders, curb-side pick-up
- Coal Train Coffee Depot, 501 S Main Street, 307-362-6628, phone orders, pick-up (Download Menu Here)
- Cowboy Crepes & Café, 617 Broadway, 307-362-6299, phone orders, pick-up and deliveries ($5 delivery, including Reliance and Green River) (Download Menu Here)
- Daniel's Jewelry, 617 Broadway, 307-362-8040 phone orders, delivery or pick-up
- Edward Jones - Justin Spicer, 548 Broadway, 307-362-0800, office closed to visitors but they're still serving clients and others via phone or web conference.
- Escape Day Spa & Boutique, 430 Broadway, 307-362-5005, phone orders, pick-up; online ordering/scheduling
- Escape 307, 648 Pilot Butte, 307-371-6352, gift certificates available online
- Fiesta Guadalajara, 19 Elk Street, 307-382-7147, phone orders, pick-up
- The Java Peddler, 612 Broadway, 307-382-9677, phone orders, pick-up
- Jen Hargrove Photography, 455 N Front Street 307-260-6411 Product orders by phone, online and shipped to your home
- Joe's Drive-in Bar & Liquor, 516 Elk Street, 307-382-9816, phone orders, pick-up or drive through window, $4 no-contact delivery available.
- Mi Pueblito, 726 Pilot Butte, 307-350-0926, phone orders, pick-up
- New Studio Photography & Framing, 420 S Main Street, 307-362-3943, curbside for existing orders, call for new orders
- Pickin' Palace, 553 N Front Street, 307-362-5848, phone orders, delivery, shipping or pick-up
- Randall’s Holistic’s, 137 C Street, 307-371-7050,phone orders, pick-up
- Remedie's Grill (Bi-Rite), 409 Broadway, 307-362-6691, phone orders, pick-up (Download Menu Here)
- Roadhouse 307, 404 N Street, 307-382-4100, phone orders, pick-up (Download Menu Here)
- Sidekick's Book and Wine Bar, 507 Broadway, 307-389-9727, phone orders or online, pick-up
- Square State Brewing, 422 S Main Street, 307-362-6159, phone orders, pick-up Crowlers to go
- ToyTown, 518 Broadway, 307-922-4906, phone order, pick-up or FREE delivery
- Wyoming Club, 131 K Street, 307-362-3232, curbside pick-up with proper ID
More businesses are expected to add these services. Be sure to call your favorite retailer, restaurant, or service provider to inquire about their options.
What can you, as a consumer, do to support local?
In an effort to support Downtown Rock Springs' entrepreneurial ecosystem at this time, which is made up of more than 120 businesses supporting nearly 1,000 local jobs, here are a few ideas of how you can support local from the comfort of your home:
- 👉 Buy A Gift Card: Purchase a gift card or certificate now and cash in on it later! This helps small businesses keep money flowin' through the next 1-2 months and gives consumers a great reason to be local when it's finally time to gather collectively again.
- 👉 Shop Online or Over the Phone: See something you like on Facebook or Instagram? Call and order over the phone or take advantage of the local businesses with e-commerce via websites. Order from your favorite restaurants and retailers online - have food delivered to your office or items shipped to your home. Many local businesses also have the option to pick up at the door or curb.
- 👉 Leave A Review: Can't drop the cash now but still want to make sure your favorite local businesses are feelin' the love? Leave a review online and make sure others know just how much our small businesses mean to our community.
- 👉 Promote Social Media: Like, comment, and share posts from local small businesses. Help them increase their social media engagement so the next time they promote an event or new menu item or special sale, more folks can see it!
- 👉 Subscribe: Be the first to know about special tickets on sale, new events, in-store specials, and news from your favorite local businesses by subscribing to their e-newsletter. Help them grow their following by sharing it with your friends and colleagues.
When you shop and dine local, even remotely, you invest local. One of the best ways to build a vibrant Rock Springs, in spite of economic and social concerns, is to support the growth of our small, locally owned businesses.
For updates on how Downtown businesses are innovating in response to the coronavirus, follow us on Facebook under "Downtown Rock Springs."
Additional resources for community organizations, businesses, and event planners can be found on the National Main Street’s website