HOT TAMALE LOUIE
April 12, 7 pm
This tale is told through Western ballads, gentle Mexican waltzes, folk songs and melodies from the East, suggestive - tone poems and brassy ragtime melded together by jazz.
The audience will see cowboys and Indians, landowners and congressmen, society ladies and ladies of the night, school children and old folks Afghans, Mexicans, Chinese, Czechs and Poles, and special appearances by the famous Buffalo Bill Cody and Medicine Joe Crow. You will laugh, you will cry, you will fret, you will sigh.
This musical ensemble includes:
• John Rapson is the composer and pianist
• Danyel Gaglione - composer, voice, mandole.
• Dave Moore - voice, slide guitar, accordion, harmonica.
• Ryan Smith -saxophones, flute, clarinet.
• Tara McGovern – violin.
• Dan Padley - electric guitar.
• Blake Shaw – doublebass.
• Justin LeDuc - drums, percussion.
This performance starts at 7 PM and is free to the public. Sponsors for this event include Wyoming Arts Council, City of Rock Springs, Broadway Theater, Sweetwater Board of Cooperative Educational Services, WESTAF and ThinkWY.