What's Up Downtown - the week of March 29 - April 4, 2021
Looking for something to do?
Downtown Rock Springs is the center of activity.
- Ongoing through March 29, Utah Shakespeare Festival's Julius Caesar, presented by the Broadway Theater, online
This year’s “tour” of Julius Caesar was filmed and is being made available to guests of the Broadway Theater until March 29 - FREE.
Access it here.
- Ongoing, Yoga Classes with Salina, Escape Day Spa and Boutique, Various Times
Discover the benefits of Yoga! Salina teaches practices to quiet the mind, soothe the body & ease back from injury. Salina Zanetti is a Certified Yoga Instructor and will be teaching Monday - Friday in the Fitness Room at Escape Day Spa & Boutique. All ages and abilities welcome! Classes are held Monday - Friday at 6:15pm and Tuesday-Thursday at 9:30am. (Room is large enough to allow social distancing.) Drop-in rate is $10, 10 class pre-paid series is $80
- March 29, Utah Shakespeare Festival's Julius Caesar LIVE WORKSHOP, presented virtually by the Broadway Theater, 7 pm
You've watched the virtual performance, now join us for a LIVE, VIRTUAL workshop!
Workshop Teacher: Jeremy Thompson Role: Brutus Jeremy Thompson returns to the Festival after appearing in the 2018 and 2019 seasons, and most recently in the Every Brilliant Thing tour. He has worked regionally at the Oregon Shakespeare Festival, Great River Shakespeare Festival, Island Shakespeare Festival, and Idaho Repertory Theatre. He has a BA from the University of Puget Sound and an MFA from the University of Idaho, both in theatre arts. See Less
- March 30, Welcoming The Stranger: My Origin Story, Broadway Theater, 7 pm
Baktash Ahadi takes us through his incredible life story and shows us the transformative power of embracing those different than ourselves.
hosted by the Episcopal Diocese of Wyoming and Holy Communion Episcopal Church of Rock Springs
- March 31, SK Book Club - AMERICAN DIRT, Sidekicks Book & Wine Bar, 5:30 pm
Everyone is welcome to join the monthly book club the Wednesday of each month at 5:30
“I strive to write page-turners because I love to read them, and it’s been a long time since I turned pages as fast as I did with American Dirt. Its plot is tight, smart, and unpredictable. Its message is important and timely, but not political. Its characters are violent, compassionate, sadistic, fragile, and heroic. It is rich in authenticity. Its journey is a testament to the power of fear and hope and belief that there are more good people than bad.”
- March 31, Advanced Beginning Crochet Parts 1 & 2, the yarn and the tale, 6 to 8 pm
This two-part crochet class will teach techniques to complete a set of four mini cluster coasters.
Knowledge of basic crochet is required prior to this class.
PART 2 TO BE HELD - WEDNESDAY, APRIL 7, 2021
- March 31, Mayor's Arts Awards, Virtual Presentation
Join us for the virtual presentation of the inaugural Mayor's Arts Awards. Awards include performing arts, organization, patron and educator.
- March 31, Pizza Wednesday's with Eves, Square State Brewing, 5 to 8 pm
Free Delivery to the taproom! Check out the menu at Eve'sRockSprings.com
- March 31, Educator's Night, Bitter Creek Brewing, 4 pm to 7 pm
Bring your school ID and purchase a beverage and receive the chef choice appetizer.
- April 1, Holy Thursday, Downtown Rock Springs,12 noon to 1 pm
The Holy Thursday Downtown Religious Pilgrimage is scheduled to begin at 12:00 p.m. noon in front of the Broadway Theatre at 618 Broadway in Downtown Rock Springs, and is expected to last approximately one hour. During the ecumenical event, pastors from different area churches will process with pilgrimage participants from various denominations to different Downtown sites, including the police station and Rock Springs City Hall, to provide a brief Scripture reading, a brief prayer, and a short reflection lasting a few minutes at each stop. Police will assist participants to safely cross streets, as there will be no blocking off city streets for the pilgrimage event. The final stop will be at the Urban Renewal Agency headquarters at 603 South Main Street (the restored Bunning Transfer Building/Freight Station.)
- April 1, Trivia 4 Squares, Square State Brewing, 6 pm to 8 pm
Bring your brain, your friends and slug some beers while you compete in trivia for prizes. We will see you in the taproom it's going to get wild!
- Ongoing thru April 3, Exploration: Art - Mary Blair, Rock Springs Library, 10 am to 6 pm
Let's explore science, math, reading and art! Each session will highlight a single concept, or person and include a project to make. This grab and go kit will feature artist Mary Blair.