What's up Downtown - the week of October 12-18, 2020
Looking for something to do? Downtown Rock Springs is the center of activity.
- Oct 1-31, Oktoberfest
The first-ever Virtual Oktoberfest invites beer fans to enjoy a “cold one” in our local microbreweries or at home with friends and family. Tickets are $40 and are available at the Rock Springs Main Street/Urban Renewal Agency office, 603 South Main Street, beginning October 1, through October 31.
- Oct 1-31, Happy Halloween 2020, Rock Springs Historical Museum, 201 B Street, Nightly, 7 to 11 pm
“Happy Halloween 2020” features the Curtis Keelin Sr. Halloween collection and can only be viewed from outside the Museum in the Fire Station bay windows located on Broadway Street. It is lighted from 7 to 11 pm and features spooky music from 7:30 to 8 pm every night for the month of October.
- Oct 12, Downtown Toddler Time, Downtown Caboose (South Main Street), 10:30 am
Join the Rock Springs Library for a story and some songs at the Downtown Caboose! For kids ages tiny to three! All days will be weather permitting. Please check their Facebook page at 10 a.m. each Monday for any updates.
- Oct 12, Yoga Classes with Salina, Escape Day Spa & Boutique
Come join Escape's new Yoga classes with Salina Zanett, Certified Yoga Instructor! Salina will be teaching Monday -Friday in the Fitness Room at Escape Day Spa & Boutique. All ages and abilities welcome! Classes continue all week so check for times and dates.
- Oct 13, Tuesday's Table Knitting Circle, the yarn and the tale, 123 Broadway, 4 to 7 pm
- Oct 14, Educator's night, Bitter Creek Brewing, 4 to 7 pm
Enjoy a free chef's choice appetizer with your beverage. 4 to 7 pm
- Oct 15-28, Exploration: Art - Frida Kahlo Day of the Dead Shadow Boxes, Rock Springs Library
Stop in and pick up your kit. Each kit will include information on the principal we are exploring this week and all the materials necessary to create a fun craft. Kits will be available for two weeks - until our next Exploration program, or until they are gone.
- Oct 15, Save The Date Flower and Wedding Studio Grand Opening and Ribbon cutting, Save the Date Flower and Wedding Studio, 157 K Street. 4 to 7 pm
Grand Opening and Ribbon Cutting! Grand opening from 4:00 to 7:00 pm
Ribbon cutting at 5:30 with Rock Springs Chamber of Commerce, Light snacks and drinks will be provided, Enter a drawing to win Free Flowers for a year. A $500 value.
- Oct 15, EFR Certification - First Aid, CPR, AED, Mountain Bay Scuba, 128 Elk Street, 6-9 pm
With all the new at home virtual and home schools due to COVID-19, everyone needed to help with child care, and anyone else wanting the confidence to care in emergency situations. We are providing EFR (Emergency First Response) Primary and Secondary Care (First Aid, CPR, & AED) training for adults and/or children. Materials need to be purchased, and independent study completed prior to attending this training. The cost for certification is $75 per person, plus $45 per person for materials.
- Oct 16, The Waverly Gallery, presented by Actor's Mission, Broadway Theater 7 pm
Actor's Mission has been working hard to make sure this is a safe and wonderful Actors' Mission production! It is a wonderful show, and they will be serving food (individual meals) as normal with social distancing rules in effect. They've been waiting since last March to bring this to you and are thrilled that it is possible now!
Other dates include:
October 17, 7 pm
October 18, 2 pm
- Oct 17-19, FALL needle FELTING FUN, the yarn and the tale, 123 Broadway, 11 am
2-day class with pre-registration required. Call 970-412-4403 for more information.
- Oct 17, #StandforWhitt 5k run/walk, Park Hotel, 19 Elk Street, 12 noon
October is domestic violence awareness month. Let’s all ban together and raise awareness! Whitney fell victim to domestic violence but her family doesn't want her memory to be that. They want her to be remembered for the outgoing, energetic, loving beautiful soul that she was. If we can help save just one life, lets do it!